2023 September: The One Year Marketing Plan
The Small Biz Strategy, Budget, Media Mix and Message Workshop.
Successful businesses have marketing plans. Come to Wizard Academy and spend 2 days with Chris Maddock and Johnny Molson. Leave with a tailored marketing plan and polished creative to get up and running fast.
Legendary ad man David Ogilvy said ads written well with proper strategy work nineteen times better than ones without. Nineteen times. If your business could use some o’ that ju-ju, grab a seat for an expanded two-day marketing workshop.
The whole affair is hosted and taught by two marketing experts who’ve been formulating strategy, buying the proper primary media, and creating effective campaigns for their clients for decades.
This is practical workshop – one packed to the brim with more doing than watching. If, to you, fun is hurling your enterprise forward in two epic, hard working days – you’ll have a blast. You’ll produce a complete marketing plan unique to you and your enterprise, write months of your ad campaign, and layout a media plan ready to put in place.
With help from a couple fellas who’ve each helped grow a couple hundred businesses just like yours, you’ll:
- learn market research techniques that will help you evaluate your product or service in terms of purchase cycle and audience
- determine your ad budget
- learn how that budget number + your reality should drive your marketing strategy and media choice
- gain critical insight into media buying strategy most owners/operators never hear about or understand. You’ll leave ready to buy media like a pro. Doing so can net you 20% – 30% more media for your money
- learn what really makes ads work, and more importantly, how to create entire campaigns that create long term top of mind awareness and good feelings about your offering pre-sale
This is the whole shebang. The kit and the kaboodle. This class is a can’t-miss class for media pros, owner operators, ad junkies/masochists interested in how this sausage is made.
If you are a business owner who is doing your advertising and marketing by the seat of your pants, this workshop will give you the plan you need to set your course for growth and quit worrying about short-term results.
“What surprised me? How much common ad knowledge and practice is completely counterproductive. Like reaching as many people as possible. Johnny and Chris showed me how dangerous this widespread tactic is, and gave me the clear alternative.”
– Melissa Kunde, Owner KUCO Media
“Consistent, familiar and frequent. The guys got me to understand the magic of that combination. And taught me what that means day to day.”
– Brandon Cason, marketing director – Deep Eddy Vodka/Waterloo Sparkling Water
Cost is $3,000
Acadgrads (anyone who has graduated from any other course offered by Wizard Academy) receive a 50 percent discount.
- On-campus housing for the first 20 students
- All meals on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Welcome session on Monday evening
- Whisky Tasting session at the world-famous Whisky Vault
This class is taught by Chris Maddock and Johnny Molson. Vice Chancellor Dave Young will be facilitating and assisting.
Wizard Academy has on-campus lodging featuring 20 bedrooms with various features. When you purchase your class, you’ll choose between:
On-Campus – You’ll be assigned a room in one of the following…
- Engelbrecht House – 14 private en-suite rooms surrounding a shared courtyard and a large kitchen.
- Spence Manor – Single-family house with 1 main bed/bath suite on the ground floor and 3 upstairs bedrooms sharing a full bathroom.
- Lost Boys Cabins – 2 cozy A-Frame cottages with just enough room for a queen bed, bathroom with shower and a pot of coffee.
Tuition Only – Choosing this option means that you will be responsible for providing your own lodging during class.